The Flash Fiction rules:
- All entries must begin with the opening provided
- Length - approximately 500 words
- No erotica
- No promoting hate, prejudice, abuse, etc.
- Entries accepted through 7/18. Submit as Word doc (HTML ready is appreciated). Include links for:
- You can include more, but I can’t guarantee I’ll use them. Some people are positively link-happy.
Here’s the opening:
“The third time’s the charm. I had heard it often enough—that or something like it—but it wasn’t until that long summer of ’76 that I actually understood it.
I still don’t know if that was the greatest summer of my life … or the worst.”
Participants may email their entries to Thomas.